I am very relaxed now towards the end of my two week vacation – first at Lake Tahoe with my sweet husband Dave and now in Kauai with my cousin & buddy, Kim. Kim lives in the Palm Springs area and loves the ocean as much as I do.
Here’s our rough daily schedule. We both do some computer work (blogs/emails) then head to beach in the morning – swim and bounce (I do water aerobics across Hanalei Bay – yes, this is the Bay made famous by the song Puff the Magic Dragon). One morning we went to Queen Emma’s Bath and watched the giant sea turtles for a couple hours. Then home for a little rest and out to dinner. Yawn…. Not exciting, but totally replenishing.
I live an abundant life, love my work and am so grateful to have time off (tho have been blogging every week day). I want YOU to have the fun, abundance and JOY you want and need in your life. It is my privilege to help you create the life you want!
This Financial Mess: How’d We Get Here?
You’ve probably noticed that we’re in a recession that’s lasted much longer than the typical 18 months. The HOW is a long story and I’m going to give a short summary. Once upon a time the United States was in a time of “great prosperity.” This lasted from 1947 – 1975 (source Robert Reich, President Clinton’s Sec. of Labor, from his book Aftershock: The Next Economy & America’s Future). During this time the average family income rose from about $25,000 to $55,000 a year. Then things changed. They always do. Automation replaced factory workers and globalization or outsourcing jobs to other countries brought wages down. Though there were still abundant jobs in the 90s they didn’t pay as well as the previous ones. (They didn’t have to – Americans were running scared they’d lose their job, any job and companies could go to Mexico or China for even cheaper wages).
Americans coped with the downward trend of wages, according to Reich (pronounced Reish), in three ways:
1) In the 70s women went to (paid) work in large numbers and so families had two earners.
2) Everyone worked MORE and longer hours. Menon average were working 50 hours a week andwomen 40 by the mid 2000s. Many people started working 2 or 3 jobs.
3) People began drawing from savings and borrowing, borrowing, borrowing. You see where this is going, right? This last “coping mechanism”emptied the coping accounts, so to speak. Many have borrowed as much as they can from homes, savings and 401ks.
What happens now? I talk to people every week who are barely hanging on, trying SO hard to do the RIGHT THING and not file bankruptcy or do a short-sale. This is a choice they shouldn’t have to be making.
What can we do?
1) Stop letting the banks and financiers off the hook.
2) Demand that your legislators hold the banks accountable and help homeowners – the government provided financial help, but the banks haven’t made it available.
3) Stop feeling victimized and powerless. You’re not alone. Educate yourselves.
We’re going to have to work together and creatively and collectively think about what’s good for the whole, not just the few.
If you have found this article helpful, please forward it onto others.
Money Magic Teleseminar:
“Since I started the one on one Money Coaching work with Lynn I’ve had the best two months of my business ever.”
Renee Kee, Melaluca (209) 825-6450
“I can’t wait to share my money successes. Just signed a new distributor the first part of August so business is growing.” Kathy, Central Valley, CA
If the Economy is getting you down – The Money Magic Lunchtime Teleseminar Series is for you:
Can You Relate?
• You know what you SHOULD do with your $$, but can’t put it into action or stay consistent
• You either avoid the topic of $$ or obsess & worryabout it – or bounce between the two
• You don’t charge what you’re worth
• You have $$ challenges like: overspending or hoarding
• You want more energy, JOY & vitality and are ready to Transform your relationship with $$
• Design the action steps to move out of Financial stress and Financial Well-Being
• Supercharge Affirmations for FUN & Profit
In this Workshop you will:
• Understand how your $$ History and $$ Scriptsaffect the money you make and most importantly KEEP!
• Identify your Money Type to illuminate any patterns, habits & limitations with money
4 Part Tuesday Lunchtime Series Starting Sept 20th 11:30 – 12:15 p.m. (PST). (Sept 27, Oct 4, Oct 11) - Register Now!
West Side Women in Action Business Conference & Vendor Showcase
Linda Murdock & Jeanne Phillips started this non-profit conference 6 years ago to raise educational scholarships for women. These scholarships are for young and mature women and can be used to further a career, take a training or attend school.
The conference attracts 100-125 women. It’s a FUN, nurturing, smart way to spend a day and is very reasonable to attend.
This years Keynote speaker is Deborah Price, founder of The Money Coach Institute of Petaluma, CA and author of Money Magic.
A limited # of Vendor tables are available and they are CATEGORY specific. Sign up early.
You don't want to miss this conference!
www.wswia.org Facebook 209 613-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Friday Oct 7th 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Creating Your Destiny with Victoria Goldblatt (see info below)
Date: Oct 22, 2011
Time: 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Modesto, CA
Call: 916 491-9610 to register
Victoria Goldblatt: Health Consultant, Exercise Specialist & Intuitive Life Coach
“Victoria is a very gifted speaker, entertainer and Intuitive Coach. If you’re wondering about your next step, having a health challenge, a business concern or what your purpose really is come to Victoria’s Sacramento or Modesto workshop or book an appointment by phone or in-person.” - Lynn
She will be holding a one day workshop in Sacramento, Creating Your Destiny on, Saturday, September 10th.
Health Consultant, Exercise Specialist and Intuitive Life Coach, Victoria Goldblatt has worked with hundreds of people in the last twenty years helping them transform their lives. She worked for major Fortune 500 companies, such as Xerox and Honeywell but left the corporate world to follow her dream. A keynote speaker and seminar leader, Victoria is the poster child for living life with Passion. Combining her intuitive guidance, corporate background and 20 years in the health industry, her clients gain the necessary tools to live a healthy, productive and happy life.
Victoria is coming to Modesto on Sat., October 21 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for a Creating Your Destiny Mini-Workshop. Space limited to 10.
Victoria will be available for Intuitive Coaching sessions Sunday Oct. 22.
Call 916-481-9610 to reserve a Coaching Session/register for Victoria's workshop or e-mail Victoria at Optimumbody@aol.com