Big Surprise, But Not Everyone Loves The Holidays
THE 7 Tips. If you’d like to the best chance of staying relatively sane during the holidays and NOT going over BUDGET here are 7 Tips to help you do so:
1) The Budget: First figure out how much IN TOTAL you want to spend on the Holidays. Include gifts, food, wrapping paper, party clothing (now we’re talking), hair & beauty products and of course alcohol. The average shopper spent $704 in 2010 and is projected to spend $14.00 less this year – who figures out this stuff?)*
2) Make a list of giftees - what you’re going to buy and the AMOUNT you are going to spend. Take the list with you when you shop – STICK to the list. No impulse buying (I’ve done this for years, primarily because if I didn’t make a list I wouldn’t remember who, what or how much.
3) SAVE the list, in fact, type it into your phone or Ipad, or if you’re technically challenged like me, at least do a word doc and save. (Make sure you look at it when you’re shopping. – Slows down impulse buying.
4) How will you pay? Hopefully, you started saving Jan 1 of last 2011 and now have at least $704.00 in your account. If not, how much have you saved – again – what’s your budget. Will you use Credit Card, debit card, cash? What’s the absolute limit you will put on said Credit card? How will you support yourself to stick to this limit?
5) Shop early. Perhaps not in August, but before Christmas Eve Day. Although I have to say I love to go to the mall that day, and look at all the male shoppers scurrying around. I feel smug because except for the cinnamon rolls I’ll pick up at Cinnabons, I’m usually done. (Wrapping? That’s another matter)
6) If your budget is small this year, don’t feel alone; consider homemade gifts or a time gift card. Family members can offer coupons for Special Nights of Sitting, yard mowing, prepared Meals. If you’re artistic (not me) you can create something unique – it’s the thought – remember. Be original.
7) If you can manage to do and stick to numbers 1-6 your stress should stay quite sane this holiday season. The odds are you won’t do this. If that’s true though don’t despair – just do what you do every year, and you’ll be make it, as always. But, do start saving Jan 1 – $58.67 a month = 704. Even $25.00 a month is gonna help next Christmas!!
“I’ve had my biggest month ever with Melaluca – I added 15 new clients this last month.” Renee Kee, Melaluca, Manteca, CA
I help women live their dreams by getting their Money House in order! What does that mean? Let me ask a couple questions: What does $$ mean to you? What gets in the way of making the money you want in life? How do money fears or unhealthy money behaviors like overspending, too much debt, or not saving for the future block your success? Money isn’t just about money – it’s about everything! What's your big money challenge? Get your FREE 15 Minute Money Consult Today!
“Well, it happened! The largest Nikken month ever in my history with the company!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lynn and the Law of Attraction.” Kathy Harris, Nikken Entrepreneur, Lodi, CA